CPI Spanish immersion Costa Rica is pleased to announce participation in the upcoming SCOLT 2017 conference in Orlando. Language educators from the southeast of the United States come together yearly to discuss shared interests in linguistics and innovations in language acquisition.
Offerings organized by CPI which could be of particular interest to educators include:
- Individual study: CPI Spanish Immersion Program, 3 sites in-country (town of San Joaquin de Flores, Monteverde Cloud Forest & Flamingo Beach): Perfect for those who want to independently experience a new culture, enjoy the wonders of Costa Rica, seek to improve their Spanish and/or even earn transfer Spanish academic credits through New Mexico State University (NMSU), University of Southern Mississippi (USM) or Brookhaven College. Our Spanish classes (maximum 4 students per class) for all levels begin any given Monday.
- Customized study abroad itineraries for primary, middle, highschool or university students: The study abroad provider of choice for numerous schools and universities across the U.S., CPI has a department dedicated solely to the creation and implementation of group itineraries. Through CPI Groups arrange 1, 2, 3 or 4 week experiences for your students which include Spanish classes (maximum 5 students per class), accommodation, cultural immersion, educational activities and tours. Professors confidently travel with their students knowing that from the moment of arrival they can depend on a smoothly run trip which results in students improving their Spanish skills, broadening horizons, and enjoying this experience of a lifetime. References are available upon request from across the U.S.
- Instituto de Cervantes DELE preparation and exam: Throughout the year prepare for the DELE exam; opportunities to sit for the exam are available annually at CPI Heredia on the Cervantes established dates.
- Seminar for Spanish Teachers: Choose the Monday which best fits your schedule and participate in our customized 2 week seminar during which participants are taught various techniques created, developed, and successfully applied over the 25 years CPI has been teaching Spanish as a second language.
- CEUs or Master’s level credits in Spanish: A 2 week session offered each summer (2017 dates: June 18 – July 2) includes cultural immersion, linguistic advancement and classroom application. This unique opportunity is facilitated in conjunction with New Mexico State University (NMSU) as the university of record to broaden cultural perspective, increase language proficiency, and revolutionize teaching while enjoying amazing Costa Rica. The base course grants 3 Master’s level credits; add-on Spanish classes organized by skill level afford the opportunity to earn 6 graduate level credits.
We invite you to check our program for Spanish teachers page for additional details, access to color photographs of CPI, specifics on the areas surrounding the CPI locations, information regarding student services, details on tour options, commonly asked questions and much more.
CPI would be glad to assist you with your Spanish language needs in lovely Costa Rica!