As an online student, you will need:
- Web browser: Google Chrome (v70.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v65.0 & above), and Edge (Chromium) (v79.0 & above), Apple Safari (v12.0 & above)
- Adobe Connect meeting application latest version in computers or Adobe® Connect™ Mobile in tablets
- Adobe Reader installed or other application that allows opening PDF files
- There will be a need for a Broadband Internet connection such as Cable/DSL because of live streaming video and audio. A wired connection is recommended over wireless but not necessary. Check your Internet speed.
- Bandwidth: 10 Mbps for participant of Adobe Connect application
- Headsets are required for online classes
- E-mail account
All users must listen to class sessions using headphones, not computer speakers, to avoid feedback when their microphones are enabled. If you have a built-in microphone that you prefer to use, you must use basic headphones or earbuds in conjunction with the built-in microphone, or else there will be feedback problems with the audio. Please make sure that you have your headset in time for the first class session.
You should test your headset in advance of your first class.
- Basic computer keyboard knowledge
- Basic knowledge about how to work with documents, files and your computer system
- Copy and paste
- Create new folders
- Navigate through your computer
- Basic knowledge of the following programs and tools:
- Word processing program ( ie: MS Word)
- E-Mail (ie: MS Outlook, GMail, Hotmail, etc.)
- Internet Navigator (ie: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox)
- Search Engine (ie: Google, Bing, etc.)
In order to effectively participate in the live portion of the class, Adobe Connect, the following additional system requirements are recommended:
- MS Windows
- Intel Core i3 or faster processor (or equivalent)
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Mac OS
- Intel Core i5 or faster processor (or equivalent)512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Mobile Devices
- Apple devices: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Android: Version 4.4 or higher. Requires WiFi or a standard 3G/4G connection.