City of Flowers
- Easily manageable, walkable town.
- Friendly locals.
- Surrounding volcanic vistas.
- Traditions: country fairs, religious processions, parades, farmer’s markets.
- Accessible to larger, urban center of Heredia and capital city of San Jose.
- Close to San Jose International Airport (SJO).
- Easy to use public transportation.
- Authentic cultural experience in the Central Valley where 66% of the Ticos live.
- Medical tourism with access to the best private, bilingual hospitals in the country.
- Shopping: modern malls and artisan crafts.
- University student ambience in nearby Heredia.
Local tours: fun, nature, and culture
- Museums: Gold, Jade, Art, and the National Museum.
- National Theater.
- Volcano visits.
- Coffee tours.
- Waterfall trails.
- Rain forest hikes.
- Canopy zipline.
- Animal refuge
- Tortuguero National Park or Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean Coast.
- Manuel Antonio National Park on the Pacific Coast.
- Arenal Volcano